The Petite Knitter - Grain Jumper
We are thrilled to present the Grain Jumper, designed by Weichien ~ The Petite Knitter 🐚
A few words from Weichien
“Hi, I’m Weichien and I’m the person behind thepetiteknitter! I live above the treeline in the canadian arctic. I am surrounded by beauty of the tundra, which inspires me endlessly. My niche is colourwork!”
Weichien writes about Grain Jumper
“Grain is inspired by rice grain (linglong) porcelain, which has been around for centuries since the Ming dynasty. It is a staple rice bowl in every Chinese family’s pantry and is filled with fond memories from my childhood. The design elements found on linglong porcelain carries significant weight in Chinese culture. While my ancestors grew roots in southeast Asia, they brought a piece of their culture with them as a reminder of the life they left behind. Today, as a third culture kid, I have the chance to appreciate the humble meaning of the linglong porcelain bears and am able to share a bit of my history and culture with you all.”
Weichien writes about the Biches & Bûches wool
"I was looking for a very specific shade of blue for Grain. Biches & Bûches carried the exact shade I was looking for for my design. The choice for organic cotton lies with my tropical roots. Instead of wool, I chose a lighter fabric to reflect my tropical home. But I also want it to keep me warm during the arctic winters, which is why I weaved in the mohair."
- You can find the Pattern on The Petite Knitter and on Ravelry
- The Pattern is available in English, French, Spanish, Korean 📋
- It is not included in the Wool Bundle for Copyright Purposes 📒
- The Original version is with the Biches & Bûches Le Petit Organic Cotton Undyed Off White held together with Le Petit Silk & Mohair Off White + Le Petit Organic Cotton in Soft Blue Green held together with Le Petit Silk & Mohair Soft Blue Green.
- If you would like to knit your sweater in another color combination, you can choose 1 MC + 1 CC in Le Petit Organic Cotton and Le Petit Silk & Mohair to knit together. Then select "Custom Colors" and share your choice with us during checkout or via the Chat 💌 Feel free to contact us on the Chat if you need color ideas.
📸 Weichien ~ The Petite Knitter
- The original wool, in the chosen color.s
- The quantity of wool needed depending on the size chosen
- The little Biches & Bûches knitting pouch for all orders 🤎And the big Biches & Bûches Pouch for all orders above 100 euros 🤎
• Handwash, 30°C
• Dry flat on a towel
• Manipulate with care while wet so your knit doesn't get stretched