Bernice Yamagara Knits - NOLA Wool Bundle
We are thrilled to present you Nola, the beautiful floral Cardigan with blooming Magnolias, designed
by Bernice @yamagara with Le Coton & Alpaca 🧡
A few words from Bernice"I design knitwear through a thoughtful process that begins with an understanding of the yarn and the story behind it. Some of my ideas come simply from the yarn. Other times, I combine inspirations from nature, culture, memories, self-reflection, art and architecture. I enjoy creating interesting construction, details and engaging knitting process. I try my best to write instructions that are clear and easy to follow.
Besides designing knitwear, I’m a potter, and I teach art in my home studio. I live in Singapore with my husband and daughter."
Bernice writes about NOLA
"Inspired by the generous blooms of magnolia trees I encountered in the past year of traveling, the intarsia motifs on the sleeves of Nola are designed to be bold and beginner-friendly. Knitted with bulky weight yarn, the motifs work up easily with a big impact on a minimal cardigan but relatively few bobbins and stitches to manage. An absolute beginner of intarsia can work part of the motifs using duplicate stitch, all explained in the instructions.
You will find that the modified raglan shaping keeps the cardigan on your shoulders comfortably and will stay in place when you button it up. The button band is knitted top-down as you go and finished with neat edges. There is no need to pick up stitches to add the button band.
I hope that you take delight in making and wearing Nola, a lovely nickname for magnolia."
- You can find the Pattern on Yamagara Knits and on Bernice's Ravelry page
- The Pattern is available in English 📋
- It is not included in the Wool Bundle for Copyright purposes 📒
- The Original Colors of the Nola Cardigan in Biches & Bûches Le Coton & Alpaca are Off White (MC) + Dark Blue Black (CC).
- If you would like to knit your Nola Cardigan in a different color combination, you can choose any 2 colors of Le Coton & Alpaca with one for the main and a second for the flowers, and then just select "Custom Colors" when adding the knitting kit to your cart and tell us about your choice either through the Chat or during Checkout! 💌
The photos were sent to us by Bernice 📸
Thank you Bernice 🧡
- The original wool, in the chosen color.s
- The quantity of wool needed depending on the size chosen
- The little Biches & Bûches knitting pouch for all orders 🤎And the big Biches & Bûches Pouch for all orders above 100 euros 🤎
• Handwash, 30°C
• Dry flat on a towel
• Manipulate with care while wet so your knit doesn't get stretched