Laine magazine issue 16
(Magazine en anglais)
Laine Magazine issue 16 is in English.
Biches & Bûches is very proud to be featured in this issue with Le Gros Silk & Mohair for Eri Shimizu's very beautiful cardigan design (shown in Offwhite and Blue Grey).
This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful issues of Laine Magazine. The photos, the patterns and the all-over super high quality is a pure joy.
Issue 16 for Winter 2023 includes
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 waistcoat, 1 pair of socks.
- an interview with Elaine Tom – learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- an article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires the crafters of today.
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer.
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by taking care of them the right way.
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives. In this issue, we meet a knitter in Indonesia.
And also seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking and book reviews.
The designers that are featured in this issue are Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Dee Hardwicke, Thien-Kieu Lam, Lotta H Löthgren, Rosa Pomar, Yan Qian, Eri Shimizu, Anna Strandberg and Orlane Sucche.
All photos credit Laine Magazine:
photos Riikka Kantinkoski, styling Anna Komonen (@annakomonen), MUAH Miika Kemppainen (@miikakemppainen), model Leila Kuusiniemi (@leilakuusiniemi) / As You Are (@asyouareagency)