Le Petit Lambswool
Le Petit Lambswool is part of our little woolen family of Le Petit Lambswool, Le Lambswool, Le Gros Lambswool, and was the beginning of Biches & Bûches, being our first wool and how it all started. The three are the same wool, just of different thread sizes.
Le Petit Lambswool is a beautiful wool, prepared with the special Scottish traditional savoir faire, spun and dyed in a family-owned fiber mill in Scotland 🤎 Its composition is of 100% Lambswool, the first cut of Merino Sheep, an absolutely beautiful quality.
It is completely natural (0% synthetic), with its rustic charm all the while being very soft to knit with and wear. It has also been scoured and steam damped, so no traces of spinning oil and added loftiness.
The ball bands are designed with Caroline's handwriting (except for a few parts urgently added) and printed in the surroundings of our partner taking a lot of care of the part of the process where the wool becomes small yarn balls, and each label manually added to each yarn ball.
We love a crafted and handmade look, which always leave small traces of imperfections, which for us, are part of the charm of natural wool and of Biches & Bûches.
Le Petit Lambswool presents our widest range of colors, with 67 different shades, offering so much choice and variation for colorwork and for customising one's knit 🤎 We love the color palette of our Lambswool collection, very earthy and natural looking, which never cease to inspire us, and opens the words for so may ideas and creations 💌
The current photos were taken in the sunshine - New photos will soon be coming 📸
Caitlin Hunter (📲 @Boylandknitworks) says about Le Petit Lambswool: "This yarn is the perfect combination of rustic, soft and lofty - it is a dream for working stranded colorwork!“
Le Petit Lambswool
• The Biches & Bûches Sweater Summer In Norway
• The Cardigan Biches & Bûches no. 2
• The Biches & Bûches no. 31, The Norwegian inspired cowl
• The Shawl Biches & Bûches no. 60
• The Slipovers Biches & Bûches no. 68 et 69
• The Talkeetna Sweater designed by Caitlin Hunter
• The Seward Socks designed by Caitlin Hunter
• The Talvinen Sweater designed by Caitlin Hunter
• The Basile Sweater designed by Soumine Kim
• The Liko Sweater designed by Florence Spurling Studio
• The Farah Shawl designed by Florence Spurling Studio
• The Astrid Sweater designed by Junko Okamoto
• The Achikochi Sweater designed by Eri Shimizu
• The Kareno Sweater designed by Eri Shimizu
• The Eaves Cardigan designed by Kate Oates
and many more!
Le Petit Lambswool + Le Petit Silk & Mohair
• The Biches & Bûches November Cardigan
• The Biches & Bûches November Scarf
• The Biches & Bûches Blue Moves Shawl
• The Biches & Bûches Sweater no. 19
• The Biches & Bûches Shawl no. 66
• The Biches & Bûches Beanie no. 72
And many more!